Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What have I been up to?

The big question thats on everyone's minds...what have I been up to?

Saturday I kicked it with my new friend Patrick, who is a performer and is also very awesome. We explored around brooklyn and wheatpasted this sweet print he found.

Later, we went to a really crazy circus show called Absinth that was super cabaret-esque with an awesome trapeze act and really muscular young men doing acrobatics in tighty-whiteys. The host and hostess (husband and wife) did a sweet little act where they spit banana bites in and out of each others mouths, culminating in the wife balancing over hubbie and spitting out a a huge lump of banana into his mouth. It really looked like graphic shitting.

Sunday I took a huge bike ride out to Canarsie pier, which isn't a super exciting place, but getting out there was fun. We rode from basically north Brooklyn, which looks kinda like downtown Oakland but with really tall housing project towers, to the idyllic prospect park, through standalone houses that looked straight outta the 50's. In New York!

Tonight I am going to cruise Chinatown and take pictures of all the 99 cent stores, maybe climb up on a rooftop or two. Hopefully tomorrow I can update ya'll with some photos.

loves,
-j

1 comment:

Saxon Baird said...

how long you there for kid? whats your email?